Follow us on:
- NATIONAL LOTTERY RETAILERS RECEIVE REFRESHER TRAINING AND NEW STICKER TO SITE ON TERMINALS
- SPECIAL NEW TERMINAL BUTTON ALLOWS RETAILERS TO PRINT DETAILS OF SUPPORT
Camelot, operator of The National Lottery, has started the next phase of its ‘Being A Responsible Retailer: Supporting Healthy Play’ retailer training, following a two-year research and development period and its initial rollout last year.
As part of the next phase of the programme, Camelot retail partners will receive face-to-face refresher training together with a new ‘Supporting Healthy Play’ leaflet outlining some key aspects of the training.
They’ll also receive further details on a new National Lottery terminal button and a sticker, which they should site on terminals. The new sticker will remind shop employees that, if a player asks for support with their play, they can instantly and discreetly provide details of GamCare and The National Lottery’s healthy play webpage by pressing the ‘Responsible Play’ terminal button.
National Lottery terminals were equipped with a ‘Responsible Play’ button at the end of last year as part of this initiative. It allows retailers to print a pink ticket – much like a Lotto, EuroMillions, or Set For Life ticket – with details of where support is available. Feedback from retailers trained so far has been incredibly positive.
Camelot’s Head of Corporate Responsibility, Alison Gardner, said, “The ‘Supporting Healthy Play’ training is based on academic research, player and retailer feedback, and in-store studies. As part of this, retailers are trained directly by Camelot to look out for signs of problem play and understand what unhealthy play is. Crucially, the initiative enables them to take action by discreetly providing details of where players can find support, should they need it.”
Camelot is reminding retailers that they are the front line in supporting players to play The National Lottery in a healthy way and are aware of the resources available. To help, here are some healthy play top tips:
- Make sure your customers aren’t playing in a way that could be harmful to themselves or others.
- See your Quick Reference Guide or visit the Retailer Hub (www.tnlretailerhub.co.uk) for more details on ‘Being a Responsible Retailer’.
- Ensure your staff feel supported to respond to customers when they are concerned about their play or asking for help.
- If appropriate, you could say; “Can I provide you with some information for you to take a look at later? There are a few resources that you may find helpful and they are free and easy to use.”
- If a player asks for help with their play, print them the player handout by pressing ‘RESPONSIBLE PLAY’ on your terminal homepage – this prints and looks like a normal National Lottery ticket.
- You can call the Retailer Hotline if you have any questions about supporting healthy play: 0800 8 40 50 60 or speak with your Retail Sales Executive during their next visit.
- Camelot UK Lotteries Limited is the licensed operator of The National Lottery® and is committed to raising money for National Lottery Good Causes designated by Parliament. Camelot is not responsible for distributing or awarding these funds.
- On average, Camelot generates around £30 million each week for National Lottery-funded projects. In total, over £40 billion has now been raised and more than 565,000 individual grants have been made across the UK – the equivalent of around 200 lottery grants in every UK postcode district.
- The National Lottery has so far awarded over £73 billion in prizes and created more than 5,500 millionaires or multi-millionaires since its launch in 1994.
- Camelot was one of the first organisations in the UK to achieve GamCare accreditation for its interactive services and has now been accredited since 2003 – underlining the effectiveness of the robust measures it has in place to prevent excessive and underage play.
- In 2019, Camelot was the first lottery operator and one of the first online gaming operators to achieve Advanced Level 2 of GamCare’s Safer Gambling Standard.
- Camelot has held the World Lottery Association (WLA) Responsible Gaming Certification Level 4 - which is the highest possible certification - since its inception.
- Camelot has held the European Lotteries (EL) Responsible Gaming Certification since it was created - gaining the accreditation four times in total - and is currently accredited until 2022.
- For further information on Camelot, The National Lottery and its games, please visit: www.camelotgroup.co.uk and www.national-lottery.co.uk.
- Players of all National Lottery games must be aged 16 or over.
- Camelot Lottery Solutions is the trading name of Camelot Global Lottery Solutions Limited – a leading lottery solutions and technology supplier to lotteries around the world.
Camelot Press Office: 020 7632 5711
- Basel Office
World Lottery Association
Lange Gasse 20
Tel +41 61 544 11 00
Fax +41 61 544 79 60
World Lottery Association
500 Sherbrooke Street West
Montréal, Québec H3A 3G6
Tel +1 514 282 0273
Fax +1 514 873 8999