About the job
You love data analysis and figuring out how the results can be used to drive business. While you are totally comfortable with numbers and have great attention to detail, it’s your curiosity that sets you apart. You’re always thinking about what the data says and how it can be used. In this case, you’ll be helping to create new online gaming experiences for our players.
The lottery is blazing new trails as we enter a new product category. Join us as we develop this digital product portfolio and learn from some of the best minds in the business. This opportunity offers exposure to cutting edge expertise, research and technology. We offer the chance to make an impact. You’ll participate in shaping new games and monitoring their success. AND feel good knowing that our proceeds are used to funda good cause- public education in North Carolina.
NCEL is a cutting edge $4.3 billion entertainment organization which has raised more than $10 billion for education since its 2006 launch. We were just named one of the Best Places to Work in the Triangle. We offer great benefits, flexibility, professional development, and an environment where colleagues enjoy working together. Come grow your career with us!
- Assist manager with research initiatives, working paper reviews, and development of player education materials. the product line by supporting product launches from conception to execution. This includes assisting with research projects, reviewing digital instant game working papers to ensure 100% accuracy of game design, help pages and how to play information.
- Participate in the development and review of marketing materials, player support issues and internal communications relative to new games. Review and finalize game development documents and gaming system configurations for accuracy.
- Perform data analysis to assist in the management of the product line. Compile weekly performance reports and develop product and campaign metric tracking. Maintain product data integrity, and develop product and campaign metrics. Available reporting tools include SAP BI, SAS, Power BI and Excel.
- Responsible for new game development timeline; ensuring that new games and accompanying assets are delivered on time.
- Implement strategies for a portfolio of games to deliver digital revenue targets.
- Track game sales by vendor for reporting and billing reconciliation purposes.
- Monitor the external digital game landscape and for new game recommendations to management.
- Knowledge of and ability to conduct data analysis.
- Knowledge of product research methodologies and execution.
- Knowledge of Lottery product development processes desirable.
- Knowledge of project management processes.
- Ability to research products based on organizational goals. Knowledge of lottery operations, services and products desirable.
· Highly organized and comfortable working with information aggregation, management, and reporting.
· Experience with SAP BI, SAS, Excel, Access, Microsoft Office, Power BI a strong plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate with management orally and in writing.
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organization to optimize product plans.
· Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to self-manage and balance multiple projects and priorities.
- Experience working in a high pace environment with competing deadlines
- Knowledge of, or a passion for Lottery, Sports Betting, and/or Gaming preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Marketing or related field and 2 years of experience.
***This position is eligible for partial telework. All employees must live in NC***
Hiring Rate: $56,186 (this exempt position will be filled at or near the posted salary)
Closing Date: September 15, 2023
About the North Carolina Education Lottery
We raise money for a great cause! All of the earnings of the North Carolina Education Lottery go to education. We award on average $6.7 million a day in prizes. To learn more, visit our website www.nclottery.com.
At the North Carolina Education Lottery, we deal with winners everyday: our employees! We offer competitive pay and benefits, flexible schedules, professional development opportunities, casual attire, open communication and a fun work environment.
All employees of the Lottery are expected to support the organization values (honesty, respect, integrity and trust) and its commitment to corporate social responsibility (including responsible gaming, environmental awareness, community involvement, etc).
Apply in minutes! Get started by uploading your resume. Click here for our Careers Page.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted on Sep 1, 2023.