JOB: Responsible Gaming Program Specialist - Government of the District of Columbia Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO)
Government of the District of Columbia
Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO)
Responsible Gaming Program Specialist
$64,600.00 - $83,291.00
The Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) whose mission is to enhance the fiscal and financial stability, accountability and integrity of the Government of the District of Columbia is in search of a Responsible Gaming Program Specialist. This position is in the Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO), Office of Lottery and Gaming, Sports Wagering Regulation & Oversight Division. The incumbent is responsible for establishing, coordinating, reviewing and maintaining a comprehensive responsible gaming (RG) program for all gaming categories under the jurisdiction of the Office of Lottery and Gaming (OLG).
Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and administering programs designed to prevent, educate and treat compulsive and problem gambling in the District of Columbia. Coordinating RG activities with neighboring jurisdictions, regional and national councils to improve the overall RG effort in the region.
- All duties are to be performed in accordance with applicable District laws and the OLG’s regulations, policies, practices, and procedures.
- Reviewing the responsible gaming plans and procedures of all sports wagering and lottery operators to ensure that the plans and procedures comply with the minimum requirements of the applicable District laws and the OLG’s rules regarding compulsive, problem, self-excluded, intoxicated and underage gambling.
- Maintaining the District’s gaming self-exclusion list and coordinating with the OLG’s field staff and licensees regarding self-exclusion intake and the dissemination of the self-exclusion list to licensees. Liaises with the public, treatment providers, compulsive gamblers assistance organizations, and other related entities regarding recognition and prevention of compulsive and problem gambling.
- Overseeing the budget for compulsive and problem gambling programs. Developing responsible gaming policies, procedures and standards.
- Overseeing the responsible gaming training process for OLG staff, lottery licensee and sports wagering operator staffs and designing communications strategies to support RG efforts.
- Planning, organizing, directing, controlling and evaluating the operations of the OLG’s responsible gaming resources.
- Preparing annual reports and performance metrics related to the OLG’s the responsible gaming initiatives.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Three (3) years of progressive experience performing the related duties and responsibilities such as assisting with the development of policies, procedures and best practices pertaining to responsible gaming; developing resources for prevention treatment; and designing and implementing communication strategies. Must have the ability to work a flexible work schedule outside of regular business hours. Gaming and/or casino industry experience preferred.
For initial review, please submit your resume to the Office of the Chief Financial Officer, Human Resources Division, located at 1101 4th Street, SW, Suite W220, Washington, DC 20024 or to
To complete an application or for additional details related to this vacancy, please visit and reference announcement number: 19-AD-DCLB-0011
The OCFO offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, retirement, and educational assistance.
The Office of the Chief Financial Officer is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Created on .
- Hits: 2236