JOB: Compliance Auditor - Government of the District of Columbia Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO)
Government of the District of Columbia
Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO)
$64,600.00 - $102,262.00
The Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) whose mission is to enhance the fiscal and financial stability, accountability and integrity of the Government of the District of Columbia is in search of a Compliance Auditor. This position is in the Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO), Office of Lottery and Gaming, Sports Wagering Regulation & Oversight Division. The incumbent is responsible for monitoring, reviewing and maintaining audit and compliance programs such as internal control systems and compliance related policies and procedures for sports and wagering operators licensed by the Office of Lottery and Gaming (OLG).
Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing and making recommendations regarding the approval of sports wagering operators proposed internal control systems, and compliance-related policies and procedures.
- Identifying deficiencies in the system of internal controls of sports wagering operators, detecting operational risks, security violations and inefficiencies.
- Recommending appropriate changes to ensure compliance with Federal and District laws and OLG regulations. Coordinating, planning, and conducting compliance audits and evaluating risks. Drafting audit reports for review and tracking completion of corrective measures.
- Performing inspections through on-site visits at licensed private sports wagering operations to ensure ongoing compliance with the District’s sports wagering rules and regulations and the OLG license agreement.
- Observing and analyzing complex transactions and activities at licensed sports wagering facilities and locations, and interviewing personnel on operational procedures. Assisting in developing compliance audit programs and checklists.
- Assisting with drafting internal policies and procedures; and makes updates as necessary to ensure compliance.
- Assisting in the periodic review, updating and implementing compliance programs (e.g. Code of Conduct, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) etc.) including training and monitoring.
- Monitoring the Compliance hotline open to the public and assigning or conducting investigations on alleged misconduct; following the Standard Operating Procedures as outlined by the OLG regarding the handling of the complaints filed.
- Coordinating with relevant departments about various compliance issues and advise appropriate courses of actions, preventative or remedial measures when necessary.
Minimum Qualifications: Three (3) years of progressive experience performing the related duties and responsibilities such as conducting compliance audits; reviewing internal controls to identify risks and deficiencies; assessing policy and procedures to ensure compliance within the District laws and regulations; and analyzing complex data, reports and programs affected by established regulations. Gaming and/or casino industry experience required.
For initial review, please submit your resume to the Office of the Chief Financial Officer, Human Resources Division, located at 1101 4th Street, SW, Suite W220, Washington, DC 20024 or to
To complete an application or for additional details related to this vacancy, please visit and reference announcement number: 19-FI-DCLB-0008
The OCFO offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, retirement, and educational assistance.
The Office of the Chief Financial Officer is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Created on .
- Hits: 2448