JOB: DC LOTTERY Assistant General Counsel
Government of the District of Columbia
Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO)
Assistant General Counsel
$108,845.00 – 164,609.00
The Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) whose mission is to enhance the fiscal and financial stability, accountability and integrity of the Government of the District of Columbia is in search of an Assistant General Counsel. The incumbent provides legal advice through the General Counsel and Associate General Counsel to the Office of Lottery and Gaming (OLG) Executive Director and other OLG and OCFO officials, with respect to the implementation of laws, regulations, rules, and opinions and advice of the U.S. Congress and Council of the District of Columbia, Office of the Attorney General, as well as court opinions and administrative decisions.
Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting research of laws, legal opinions, policies, regulations, and cases bearing on legal issues involving the OLG
- Serving as legislative, regulatory and policy counsel focusing on administrative and government law, lottery law, sports wagering law, gambling law, intellectual property law, and advertising law
- Preparing complaints, motions, and legal briefs and memoranda as appropriate
- Preparing and conducting administrative litigation including preparing witnesses and exhibits, collecting and organizing evidence
- Preparing and conducting preliminary proceedings
- Identifying, procuring, preparing expert services, and examining witnesses
- Drafting complaints, motions and briefs, and participating in oral arguments
- Collaborating with attorney from the Office of the Attorney General as requested or as otherwise appropriate, as determined by the General Counsel or Associate General Counsel
- Serving as Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Disclosure Counsel for OLG
- Performing other related duties as assigned
Five (5) years of progressive experience performing the related duties such as:
- Reviewing, analyzing and drafting documents related to complex legal issues and legislation.
- Serving as a legal advisor.
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following disciplines: Litigation, Commercial, Corporation, Federal or State/Municipal Government, Labor, Contracts, Employment Law, or other relevant disciplines.
In addition – A Juris Doctorate degree or equivalent from an accredited law school is required and D.C. licensure or admittance to membership in the D.C. Bar in accordance with the D.C. Bar rules within six (6) months of employment. An official transcript must be submitted in order to be considered for the position. If applicable, your application package must include a U.S. evaluation of all foreign transcripts.
To complete an application or for additional details related to this vacancy, please visit www.cfo.dc.gov and reference announcement number: 19-AD-OGC-0002.
The OCFO offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, retirement, and educational assistance. The Office of the Chief Financial Officer is AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
- Created on .
- Hits: 3013