JOB: Mississippi Lottery Corporation Seeks Applicants for the Position of President/CEO
The Mississippi Lottery Corporation Seeks Applicants for the Position of President/CEO
Organization: Mississippi Lottery Corporation
Job Title: President/CEO
Job Number: 0001
Location: Jackson, Mississippi, United States
Open To: The Public
Date Posted: March 20, 2019
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Salary Range: We offer a competitive salary, with excellent benefits.
The Mississippi Lottery Corporation invites applications for its President & Chief Executive
Officer (“CEO”) position. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the President & CEO oversees
the operation and management of the business and affairs of the Corporation. He/she provides
leadership and guidance in developing, communicating and implementing the Corporation’s
strategic plan and revenue-raising mission. Additionally, the President & CEO:
• Ensures that the lottery operates with integrity and for the public good, maximizing net
lottery revenue for the benefit of the State while directing efforts to promote the
responsible play of lottery games;
• Manages the Corporation’s daily affairs with the powers and duties specified in the Act
and any regulations adopted by the Board;
• Heads all aspects of Corporation management, plus sales, security, marketing, game
development and strategic planning;
• Hires, fires and directs all Corporation personnel.
Applicant Qualifications: The successful applicant will have a demonstrated track record of
effective management of an organization of similar size and complexity (public, private or nonprofit).
Mississippi residency is required but a non-resident applicant may move to Mississippi
after selection. Appointment is subject to the Governor’s approval. Additional qualifications
• A college degree, and, preferably, an advanced degree in a related field such as business
administration, public administration or law;
• Lottery industry knowledge;
• Service as an executive of a lottery corporation or agency in the United States, or other
• Proven ability to communicate clearly and constructively with the Board, Corporation
staff, the Legislature, the Governor and State agencies, regulators, vendors and other
partners, the press and other external parties;
• Strong financial and management background, demonstrated leadership ability, excellent
communication skills including presentation and public speaking skills, strategic planning
skills and fiscal management skills;
• Knowledge of government procurement policies and ethical standards.
The Organization: The Mississippi Lottery Corporation is a corporate instrumentality of the
State of Mississippi, created by the Alyce G. Clarke Mississippi Lottery Law (Senate Bill 2001,
2018 1st Extraordinary Session). The Corporation exists to generate revenue to repair, renovate
and maintain the State’s highways and bridges, with excess revenue to fund the State’s Early
Childhood Learning Collaborative, Classroom Supply Fund and other educational purposes.
SPECIAL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
E-mail resume and cover letter to the Corporation’s General Counsel, Balch & Bingham LLP at
The Mississippi Lottery Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
- Created on .
- Hits: 4184