JOB: Executive Director Minnesota State Lottery
Job Summary This highly visible position reports directly to the Governor and appears before the Minnesota Legislature in matters pertaining to the Lottery's budget and annual plan.
The successful candidate must enjoy the challenges of working in a very competitive industry, develop innovative solutions to unique business challenges, and have superior communication skills to serve as the Lottery's primary public spokesperson.
ProPPrimarPrimary Responsibilities: The director will provide the day-to-day responsibility and long-term leadership for assuring the Lottery operates with integrity, security, and transparency in a manner that ensures public confidence.
In addition, the director is accountable for ensuring:
• Lottery funds are maintained in accordance with state statute. • Products and promotional materials are consistent with state lottery advertising regulations.
• Adequate policies and procedures are in place governing lottery games, ticket prices, the number and size of prizes, methods of selecting and drawing winning tickets .
• Compliance with the rules governing the types, qualifications and the licensing process of lottery ticket retailers.
• Hiring, leading, and retaining of a high quality management team and staff. Qualifications Minimum Qualifications- Successful candidates will have a combination of some of the following or similar qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Business, Advertising, Marketing, Public Administration, Public relations, or related field of study.
• Management experience, which includes leadership, strategic planning, negotiation and conflict resolution.
• Experience with the planning, development and implementation of budgets, policies, and objectives necessary to achieve the goals of an organization.
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide variety of people from high level executives/officials to citizens, the media, the legislature and others. • Knowledge of public and private accounting and financial principles and practices.
• Advanced written and oral communication skills. Preferred Qualifications (Optional):
• Master's degree in public or business administration or allied field or equivalent.
• Management experience in the gaming, recreation, amusement or attractions industries. • Knowledge of security technology that impacts gaming integrity.
• Knowledge of the technology developments that affect online gaming markets. • Knowledge of Minnesota state government structure and operation.
Additional Requirements All finalists must successfully pass a comprehensive criminal background investigation prior to appointment.
Application Details Why Work For Us GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE!
The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year. How to Apply Click "Apply" at the bottom of this page. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply. We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities.
Job Title: Executive Director Minnesota State Lottery
Location: Roseville Job ID: 31002 Full/Part Time: Full-Time Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers Date Posted: 03/07/2019 Closing Date: 03/27/2019 Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: MN State Lottery Hiring Agency: MN State Lottery Work Shift: Day Shift Work Hours: Day Shift Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift Days of Work: Monday- Friday Travel Required: No Salary Range: $121,248/annually
Classified Status: Unclassified Job Class: Exec Dir Mn State Lottery
- Created on .
- Hits: 2547