JOB: Communications and PR officer for The European Lotteries Association (Brussels based)
Communications and PR officer for The European Lotteries Association (Brussels based)
Deadline for applications: 29 January 2018 European Lotteries (EL) is the European umbrella organisation of national lotteries operating games of chance, including sports betting, for the public benefit in more than 40 European countries - including all EU Member States - and is by far the largest representative European umbrella organisation in the field of gambling.
EL is an association representing state lotteries and lotteries authorized by the state, thus bringing together state-owned and private operators. EL’s members offer lottery, gambling and betting services only in the jurisdictions in which they are licensed by the respective national government.
EL’s EU members contribute more than 20 billion EUR per year to the state budgets and the funding of sport, culture, social projects, research and other causes of general interest. Further information is available at www.european-lotteries.org.
EL is hiring a Communications&PR officer.
As Communications&PR officer your tasks and duties are:
- Social media; setting up, maintaining and developing of website(s), facebookpage(s) as well as account(s) of other social media such as Twitter, Instagram etc
- Writing of articles for internal and external
- Writing press releases, Q&As and talking points
- Media relations; taking care of and continuously building a strong network of influential journalists
- Media monitoring and analysing
- Support the (deputy) Secretary General and the President of the association with regard to interviews, keynotes and press conferences
If you recognize yourself in the following description you definitely should apply:
- You are a communications specialist with relevant education
- You have excellent drafting skills - You have at least 4 years of relevant experience
- You understand the functioning of sectoral associations/NGOs
- You are familiar with working in an international environment
- You like working in a small, dedicated team
- You discovered the secrets of social media already years ago
- You can order a coffee in English, French, Spanish and German
You will be based within the Brussels office of the European Lotteries Association.
You will report to the Secretary General. The working conditions are competitive.
- Created on .
- Hits: 2308