JOB: Illinois Lottery Chief of Staff
The Illinois Lottery is currently seeking a Chief of Staff to serve under the Director of the Lottery, helping to direct the efforts of the Senior Management Team, based out of the Chicago, IL office.
- Develop, plan and direct major administrative activities of the Illinois Lottery
- Formulate, interpret and implement policies to ensure effective execution of new and revised programs
- Maintain awareness of, and progress on, all major Department activities by holding and leading senior management meetings
- Act as a primary point of contact with the Lottery Private Manager for issues and ongoing interaction
- Participate in review and approval of Private Manager annual business plan, marketing strategy and projects, and other compliance requirements of the private management agreement
- Work closely with industry business partners to maintain positive relationships and interactions
- Develop and maintain agency legislative strategy with senior management team and Governor’s office
- Interact with Governor’s office and other agency Chief of Staffs on state-wide initiatives and programs
- Lead or coordinate development of Departmental communications and budgeting, including sensitive and highly confidential matters.
The Illinois Lottery began in 1974, and our mission is to maximize revenue to the State to benefit education, capital projects and specialty causes in an ethical and socially responsible manner. We have provided over $20 billion to education. There are approximately 160 lottery employees and our games are sold in over 7,500 retail locations around the state.
- BS degree in management, administration or related field of study
- 10 years management experience, and 2 years as senior manager
- Experience working on project teams
- Strong communications skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to present information and speak in group setting
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently to Springfield, IL and other States
- Directly supervises Human Resources/Labor Relations and EEO Office and Internal Investigations
- Ensuring employees receive mandatory training, preparing and conducting evaluations, and reviewing and approving time off requests.
- Created on .
- Hits: 2278